Thursday, January 8, 2009

WHO ARE YOU?

This morning started with a smile,
Then I travelled for more than a mile.
To see you and be by your side,
But you were angry and I wanted to hide.
How could you be so mean to us,
Is it something that do you must?
Don’t you understand how we feel?
Can’t you see that the pain is real?
Why must you always say those awful things?
Do you ever listen when your anger rings?
We love you but you don’t understand,
Why are you sometimes such a mean old man?
Yes your age is catching up on you,
And it will because of all the things you do.
This should be a time of peace and love,
But every now and again a black bird replaces the white dove.
Stop and think what it is you do.
Is this person really you?
You have everything a person could want and yet…
You are not satisfied with all you get.
I think reality has already begun to set in.
You are starting to think of what you did and where you’ve been.
Old ghosts are coming to haunt you,
For all the things that you use to do.
And I can’t save you from yourself this time.
I can’t help you as the mountain you begin to climb.
I can only hope that you will find peace one day,
And as usual there is only one thing that I can say:
I love you and I always will.
With you my arms I fill.
Let yourself go. Accept that which you try to escape,
Open your heart, come in through the gate.
It’s never too early and it will never be late.
Set your spirit free,
Come and be with me.
Together we can have it all,
Come to me, listen to my call.

No comments: