Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Four-Leaf Clover Field




(Written for my Students back in 2003)


"You should be in Hollywood,"

My students always say to me.

"Then who would teach you?

That´s my job don´t you see?"


They laugh whenever this I say,

And I thank God everyday,

For my first choice it was not,

But fulfillment I have got.


Whether it is reading a novel,

Or over grammar we shuffle,

Their pondering faces make me care,

I´m glad I have something to share.


So everyday we meet at school,

And we both learn from the Golden Rule.

Strangely after long weekends apart,

There is a space missing in my heart.


The first thing I hear when their class I enter,

Is always the cheery: "We missed you, Miss Brenda!"

"I missed you too. Thank goodness the weekend is over!"

The are definately my field with four-leaf clovers.


Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2009 Brenda Aurora Ysaguirre

No comments: