Sunday, January 17, 2010

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN



I live in the Now.
But I still think about Then.
It may be farewell,
But it is not the end.

Some people say it had to be,
Some people are just sadly looking at me.
But no one can feel the pain that is inside.
No one really knows that a part of me died.

That lonely Sunday you bid the world goodbye,
The only question we ask now is Why? WHY?
Some one torn us apart,
But you will always remain in my heart.
And when we meet again,
Our love will have no end.
So dance to the tune of angels songs,
Tell them some of your jokes that aren´t too long.
Sing your ballads and compose some too.
Darling, even though you´re gone, I love you.
Thank you for being a part of my world,
Thanks for making me your woman, your girl.
I look in the sky each and every night,
I know the sign whenever I see your light.
You are at peace and you are filled with love,
Darling, thank you for looking on and protecting me from above.
We´ll meet again and things will be the same,
I will smile when you see me and call out my name.
“Negrita,” you´ll say, “como estas, bebe?”
“Papi,” I´ll say, “ Como te extrañe”.
And we´ll hug and kiss and look into each others eyes,
And in them we´ll see where true love really lies.
So, Corazon, I will carry on the work we set out to achieve,
I will fulfill all your dreams because in me you did believe.
You created a Supermama one day two years ago,
And you taught me that true love must always flow.

So, for now my path is set on a trail of goodwill,
Just know that you are in my heart still.
For no man can tear us apart,
For you, darling Abel, will always be in my heart.

Brenda A. Ysaguirre
(Copyright 2009 Brenda A. Ysaguirre)

No comments: