Sunday, January 10, 2010

SOMEONE

Fidel probably had a party,
Chavez probably laughed so hearty,
Zelaya probably did a Honduran dance,
Even though regaining power, he hasn´t a chance.

And someone walks the street today,
Someone who is responsible for that terrible day,
For someone knows what happened that night,
Someone knows why there was no fight.

Your family and friends know what great loss we all feel,
We know that with a bitter blow your fate was sealed.
I still hear you singing my song,
I still have you by my side all night long.

But someone must accept what they did to you,
For someone has made us quite ill and blue,
And I will not stop until they are sitting in jail,
This justice system must not fail.

For someone knows what went down,
Someone saw you when your body hit the ground.
Someone is responsible for what you went through,
Someone was heartless and darkened my hue.
And there is no night of peace for me,
There is no happiness for the world to see.
There is no looking forward to tomorrow,
For my heart is filled with too much sorrow.

Brenda A. Ysaguirre
January 7, 2010
Copyright 2009 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: