Saturday, January 12, 2008



Listen to the Wind

The wind seems to be speaking to me,
It’s wooing me without a single word.
The wind is so cheerful as can be,
The things it say I’ve never before heard.

Through the trees the sound comes creeping,
Even though I’m far away in a wonderland of dreams.
“Arise, awake, come on child and listen!”
It wants me to get up and hear it, it seems.

So I crawl out of bed and to the window walk,
And as I open them the flowers begin to talk.
The branches wave and the sun comes smiling through,
“Hello, darling child. Hello, how are you?”

It hits me so suddenly I can’t say a thing,
What a glorious beauty the morning can bring,
Then I realize what it’s all about,
It’s wonderful to be alive and free, no doubt.

We take things for granted everyday,
What if they weren’t always just our way.
Have you ever thanked the Lord above,
For blessing us with His mercy and His Love?

Have you thought how lucky you are
To live in a land free from the sufferings of war?
There must be something you can do in some way,
‘How about spreading PEACE and LOVE – let’s begin today!

Brenda Ysaguirre, September, 2003

No comments: