Thursday, January 24, 2008

WHY AM I WEAK? - ¿Por qué soy débil?

When you don’t call for a long time I am hurt
Then my anger subsides into a decision to end our relationship
I sit and think “What is it all worth?”
Don’t we share more than a friendship?


I think of all the things I want to say to you
I want someone that will be there all the time for me
Some one who wants to hear all the things I do
And all the things I want to be.

I’m scared that our worlds are not the same
I’m scared that I may be unable to live up to your expectation
The years have thought me life is not a game
So why do I have so much anticipation?

Then you finally call and all melts away,
With just the sound of your voice in my ear
All I had planned to do and every word I thought to say
Why oh why I am so weak when from you I hear?

I can feel your warmth creep over me
You ignite a passion so wild I get lost in it
And all I want is with you to be
A part of the fire that you lit.

Brenda Aurora Ysaguirre
Copyright 2005.

No comments: