Friday, January 18, 2008

SIXTEEN WISHES

I wish I’d love you from the start.
I wish I’d followed the feeling of my heart.
I wish all the years gone by could be retraced.
I wish we had as many more years to take its place.

I wish we were together everyday.
I wish in your arms I could stay.
I wish every morning I could hear your voice.
I wish it wasn’t “my decision” but “our choice”

I wish I slept in your bed all night.
I wish I woke at your side to every morning light.
I wish we could go for walks and hold hands.
I wish we could travel together to foreign lands.

I wish I could look in your eyes when you say you love me.
I wish all the love I have for you, you could see.
I wish this time apart was over at last.
I wish being in different countries was in the past.

Sixteen wishes yet to come true.
Sixteen wishes that say I love you.
Sixteen wishes to be placed under my Christmas tree.
Sixteen wishes you can grant to me.

Brenda Aurora Ysaguirre
Copyright 2005

No comments: