Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Poem Dedicated to Mrs. Olga Blades (RIP) Of Corozal Town - A Mother and Friend she was to many

A Mother to Me

You were like a mother to me,
Oh loving Mrs. Olga B.
Your kindness and caring heart,
I miss so much now we’re apart.

Your jokes, your smile and your laughter
Made me feel like a daughter.
You were my confidante and my friend,
My love for you will never end.

I remember when you saw me limping one October day,
“Look here, do you want to limp forever?” was all you had to say.
So even with the pain it brought each time,
Unto your massaging couch I did climb.

During my pregnancy you guided me,
And was the first person Carolyn did “ see”.
I always told you your granddaughter was doing this and that,
As together in your homely kitchen we sat.

Only you could heal my pain
And now you can never do that again.
I think there must be some angels who need you,
And God’s hands are full with all the prayers and requests that are not few.

So I’ve got to accept that we’ll be apart for awhile,
Until once again I can see you smile.
So watch over us from above beloved O.B.
And thank you for all you did for me.

Brenda Ysaguirre
December 3rd., 2005

No comments: