Monday, January 28, 2008

NO LO SABES AUN



You Don’t Know Yet
Dedicated To Carolyn Angela, my daughter, with all my love.

If you ask me what it is like,
I’d say wait until her first bike,
Wait until that first day of pre-school,
Wait until she ventures on the deep end of the pool.

Her first dance or her first date,
You’ll be telling her eleven o’clock is too late,
Pray she doesn’t start to smoke,
Or drink anything stronger than a coke.

The clothes she’ll wear will expose more than enough,
And the friends she may have may be really rough,
But keep in mind it’s only a small part of growing up,
What must be learnt will be nothing like her first feeding cup.

So from one mother to another I just want to say.
Remember to pray each and everyday,
For strength, patience and trust aren’t your only tool.
There is a lot a mother learns that you don’t get from school.

You see I’ve been there before.
I’ve felt that way every time you walked through the door.


Brenda Aurora Ysaguirre
Copyright, 2005

No comments: