Sunday, June 15, 2008

WASN'T THIS YOUR IDEA?



You want things your way,

You want to have your day,

So why don't you stay on schedule,

No need to be stubborn like a bull.


I allowed you to set the time,

I allowed you to tell me how high to climb,

But now it's time to claim my freedom,

Now who's got who wrapped around their thumb?


You see you can't have your cake and eat it,

You can't say do this and then change it.

I've decided to keep on track,

Now there is no turning back.


You set the time,

You set the date,

I'm only following your chime,

I'm sorry but it's too late.


You moulded this new version,

You created this new being,

So don't pout and get all filled with tension,

No need to fuss and make a scene.


Go with the flow,

Go with the sound,

I love you, don't you know?

And I'll always be around.


You asked for your space,

You asked for your time,

So don't give me that face,

No need to act like you've been left behind.


If you don't like the way things are,

You have the power in your hand,

No need to go too far,

Rememebr this was YOUR plan.


Brenda A. Ysaguirre

Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre




No comments: