Monday, June 30, 2008

TO MY LOVING DAUGHTER, CAROLYN



From that moment when our eyes di meet,

When I looked you over from your head to tiny feet,

I knew someone special had come to share my life,

To keep me going and I had to kkep up the strife.


With each passing year we grow together,

Our love grows and it will be forever.

In you I see all that I was and can be,

In you at last I can be set free.


Remember this as you face the world daily.

Remember this as you play your games gaily,

One day when you are older it will come to you,

And you will realize it is and was nothing new.


For what else was there for us to do and say?

Mothers and daughters have their own way,

To express their love and each other understand,

Ours is magic that will lead us on hand in hand.


Brenda A. Ysaguirre

Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre


No comments: