Thursday, February 28, 2008

LAS COSAS QUE AMO DE TI

THE THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU

There are many things I love about you,
There are many things I admire that you do.
There are things that come naturally and in a blink,
Like that thing you do when your eyes you wink.

There are things you do that are direct,
There are things you have not done yet.
There are things you do when you are ahead,
Like that thing you do when you nod your head.

There are things you say that are so true,
There are things you say that make me love you.
There are things you tell me as my advisor,
Like those things you say, to make me wiser.

There are the songs you sing late into the night,
There are the songs you sing with a voice so right.
There are songs I have yet to hear from you,
Like the songs you sing that ring through and through.

But of all the things I admire from you,
There is one thing that stands out so true.
Your love for others and the care you have for all,
That’s the thing you do that made me fall.

You’ve got my love,
You’ve got my respect.
You’ve given me strength,
Have I told you yet?

Thank you for the wink,
Thank you for the nod,
Thank you for the songs you sing,
Thank you for everything.
Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: