Friday, February 29, 2008

TODAY WAS THE DAY

You slide your hands across my body

And I sigh as goosebumps flow over me.

You look into my eyes and I battle with my folly,

Is this what love is supposed to be?


I feel reborn whenever I'm with you,

And I know you feel the same way, too.

Today I wanted to ask you from the heart,

But I was afraid it would set us apart.


You do realize it was February 29th, don't you,

And this chance may never come again,

I was suppose to ask you if you'd do,

That one thing that you say is not sane.


It's a woman's choice to say the least,

And men are always just like beasts,

They want to roam around so free

But while they say they don't, I see.


They know that it's love that we give,
They know they're the reason that we live,
And yet they struggle with themselves and lose,
When it is only love they need to choose.
Today was the day I was to ask,
Today was the day I was to do the task.
Today was special, today was real,
Today I was to lay the cards out and deal.
Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda Ysaguirre

No comments: