Saturday, February 16, 2008

SI YO ERA


If I were a photographer I'd freeze this moment in time,

If I were a singer I'd sing you a line,

If I were a painter my portrait would be clear,

If I were an architect my building would be rare.


If I were a chef I'd cook a dish divine,

If I were an explorer a mountain I would climb,

If I were a diver I'd explore beneath the sea,

If I were a fortune teller your future I would see.


If I were a dancer I'd move to the beat,

If I were a judge I'd be on a seat,

If I were an atlhete many races I would win,

If I were a psychic I'd be able to see within.


But I am a poet whose words come from the heart,

I am a teacher whose lesson knowledge impart,

I am a dreamer whose dreams include you,

I am a woman whose love is so true.


I am a believer that there is good in this world,

I am a woman who deep down feels like a girl,

I am like a star that twinkles in the night

I am the person who will not give up without a fight.


Brenda Aurora Ysaguirre


Copyright@ Brenda Ysaguirre 2008

No comments: