Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I MISS YOU, FRIEND


There are many things I could have said,

There are many things I could have done,

But once the end comes all is dead,

And the battle is never won.



There are many things I could have seen,

There are many things that I could have stopped,

But nothing is as it had been,

No one saw this coming but it finally flopped.



I miss talking to you,

I miss sitting in your kitchen,

I miss eating the food you do,

I miss everything we had then.



In my heart you are still my friend,

In my heart you are still my sister,

In my heart our friendship never did end,

On my heart I carry a blister.



I want to text you like I did before,

I want to write you an email, too

I want to see you walk in through the door,

I miss you, friend, I really do.



The pain I carry in my heart,

These three months have made me cry,

The stupidity that keeps us apart,

I can't put aside even if I try.



So how do I overcome this sadness that I feel?

What should we do to get over this, friend?

Will my pain go away, will it ever heal?

Because I promised to be your friend to the end.



Your life now takes a new turn, I hear,

I send my love and it is true,

This is a gift of a lifetime, my dear,

So I send my love for all of you.

Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: