Tuesday, March 18, 2008

THIS IS THE LAST TIME

The last time I checked I was free,
The last time I checked I was me.
The last time I checked you were on my case,
The last time I checked I thought: “What A waste!”

Now I am on the go,
You have started something, you know.
And very soon you will see,
What it is like to mess with me.

You thought you could have your say,
That every day would be your day,
But I guess you will soon see you were wrong,
Now you will see how I have become strong.

I got tired of your attitude a long time ago,
Who do you think you are, Mrs. So-and-So?
I grew up fighting with people like you,
Now sit back and watch what I will do.

Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

2 comments:

david santos said...

Excellent poem, Brenda! I loved this blog.



The world is at war against the pedophilia.

Brenda Aurora Verna Ysaguirre said...

Thanks, David. I think you already guess I write from the heart. I am having a hard time right now with a colleague who is on my case. She is questioning even my blogs. I write to release the stress and pain. Will keep them coming.
Brenda