Tuesday, March 25, 2008

NO LO DEBIAS DE HABER HECHO



YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE

I knew you were heading down that path,
I knew you would say you are smart.
But what I tried to say was that we are women,
And there is no way we are safe with men.

I feel I should have been here to stop you,
I feel I should have known what you would do,
But I tried to understand that you are growing up,
But I think you have taken more than a full cup.

This is something that should have taken time,
This is the stairs I wish you had not climbed.
There is no turning back now as we all know,
But was that really the way to go?

There might be hurt and pain coming your way,
I hope this won’t go down as a very sad day.
But if it does, I’ll be there for you,
Because I know what you are going through.
Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: