Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I CAN



A Poem dedicated to the Class of Third Years and their Lecturer of YO PUEDO - a Creative Science Class on Motivation, Abel L. Rodriquez



I CAN

Today I rejoice because I CAN,

Today I give thanks because I CAN,

Today all my thought are focused on I CAN,

Today I am alive and I CAN.


Just two little words,

Just TWO little words.

That mean quite a lot,

We are all sure of that.


Because for all the things we do,

For all the times you focus on "YOU",

There must be a base to lead you on,

That is where you focus on "I CAN!"


All you do and all you say,

Can either darken or brighten your day.

So fill your heart with love and peace,

And your thoughts of "I CAN" will never cease.


For YOU CAN and I CAN,

Be much more that we are today,

Because in our hearts we know what to say.

So shout with joy and say YO PUEDO - I CAN!


Brenda A. Ysaguirre

Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: