Tuesday, April 1, 2008

REMEMBERING CAROLINE




To a mother who is gone, but not forgotten



When twilight's silver curtain did fall,

The Lord your name did call,

So you went to join him in Heaven,

Leaving behind a daughter, aged seven.

Many years have now gone by,

And yet I ask the question, why?

Why did you have to go away?

Why can't I have you here today?

I'm happy to hear people talk of you,

And wonderful things you used to do.

You were someone everyone admired,

And hearing of you I never get tired.

Now another Mother's Day is here,

Another day full with love and cheer.

I'm staring at the sky and feeling blue,

For even though you're not here, I love you.

So sweet Caroline, my mother dear,

I send my love with a little prayer,

And ask you to watch over me,

Your loving daughter, your little B.



Brenda A. Ysaguirre

Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: