Thursday, April 17, 2008

IT'S ALMOST TIME




It is almost time to say goodbye,
It is almost time for the bird to fly.
It is almost time to set me free,
It is almost time to let you be.

I knew this day was on the way,
I knew one day goodbye you'd say.
I knew that I would have to continue life alone,
I knew one day there would be no more calls on the phone.

I've lived the splendour of our home,
I've lived the joy of not being alone.
I've lived the peace you gave to me,
I've lived the knowledge that you made me see.

I hope I can go on with what I've learnt from you,
I hope I can continue to do what I have to do.
I hope this time in my life had a special reason,
I hope I can go on through each and every season.

The time has come to move on,
The time has come to seek a new dawn.
The time has come to take to flight,
The time has come to turn off the light.

There is just one thing I want to promise you,
I promise to continue the things I said I'd do,
I promise to continue to be the new me,
I promise to be all that I can be.

AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!

Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre


No comments: