Tuesday, April 8, 2008

SPEAKING OUT OF TURN

I guess I am just too vocal,
I guess I just have to say it all.
I’m the type of person who speaks her mind.
With me there is no quiet time.

So, sometimes I say things you don’t like,
Especially when I happen to be right,
Then you react by flying off the top,
And the red light goes off and shouts “STOP!”

I pull away for a while,
And remove my usual smile,
For the hurt I feel when you flare up,
Is more than half – it’s a full cup.

I guess I am different by far,
I cannot keep my words in a jar.
I love to voice my opinions straight from the heart,
Even though I know it can tear us apart.

So while I sometimes speak out of turn,
I know there is a lesson to learn,
If you would just accept that what I say,
Is meant to help you in every way.

Brenda A. Ysaguirre, April 8, 2008
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: