Saturday, May 3, 2008

THE CLASS OF 6 - 2 B - A FAREWELL POEM




Written for the Class of 6-2B of the Corozal Junior College ACE Division,
With Love, from Ms. B

You have been a unique class,
And I am sure you will not be the last,
To make me upset or to make me laugh,
But I am happy that a few of you are going off.

Rodrigo, you've come from far away each day,
To listen to what the lecturers have to say.
I wish you the best in your future endeavours,
May you see the fruit of all your late hours.

Ruben, boy, you are surely special,
Your time at school is few but you expect all,
And your lecturers shake their heads and say,
This boy is different in every way.

Rocio, the first year was spent on skipping classes
That's why you had so few passes,
But when you put your mind to it you can,
You just need to settle down and have a plan.

Neomi, are you going to surprise us soon,
Even though you're singing to a different tune.
You settled down this year without Raquel,
So for that I can now wish you well.

Maricela, they broke the mould after creating you,
You often got on my nerves saying those things you do,
But deep inside we became friends,
And I promise we will be so until the every end.

Shyami, you are the brain in the lot,
I can say and really mean that.
So use your knowledge wisely and don't forget,
There is so much for you to learn as yet!

Alberto, you are a one of a kind guy,
Who loves to have fun and I can tell why.
Your dances on stage will never be forgotten,
Keep on enjoying life and remember all that happened.

Sheena, I see that guy courting you,
Buying you soft drinks and making you smile, too.
Stay on track, dear girl, and get your degree,
And one day you'll have success for all to see.

Roraima, your dedication is great,
And you were just about never late.
Your smile and your friendliness,
Makes you one of 6-2B's best.

Abinadi, now that's a name I won't forget,
You have not made me angry yet!
You smile and are a funny person everywhere,
Remember you can be a success anywhere.

Yanarie, you loved missing school,
And doing little things aganist the rule,
But you are kind and filled with happiness sincere,
You are definitely one of my daughters dear.

Now students of 6-2B I add you to the list,
Of all the children that I won't miss,
For we will keep in touch throughout the years,
And thanks for adding to my grey hairs!

So, Class of 6-2 B,
You mean a lot to me,
And I will keep you in my heart,
When the time comes for us to be apart.

Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: