Saturday, May 10, 2008

THE EDUCATOR

It was all I ever wanted,
It was all I ever dreamt.
The career of a lifetime,
But it now nears the end.

There are things that happen,
On the path to success,
That makes us realize,
That life and people can’t always be their best.

As each page is unfolded on this journey of life,
There is no regret, no sorrow, when I turn off the light.
For life will continue and life will proceed,
And I can always look back at my students for all did succeed.

The knowledge I gave them came from the heart,
And each year saying goodbye tears me apart.
But I know that I did something that was good,
And if I had the chance to do it again I know I would.

For I AM an educator,
I AM a friend.
I AM a teacher,
And I’ll take that with me to the end.

Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda Ysaguirre

No comments: