Friday, May 9, 2008

THE POET IN ME

Everyone has an opinion,
Everyone wants to have their say.
Everyone wants me to do,
Things in a certain way.

But I am a poet,
And last time I checked I was free.
And I write the way I feel,
So please don't try to change me.

If there is one thing I am proud of,
It is the way I can write each poem,
It is an art and one not many have,
So I'm not hurt if you don't like them.

But democracy declares that I can write,
And democracy says I can do as I please.
So all my expressions have come to light,
And they can never ever cease.

If you believe in God,
Then this is a gift from Him.
And if you believe in other forces,
Whatever and wherever - that my resources.

I may not make you happy all the time.
I may not make you sad,
But poets have struggled for ages,
So understand me when I get mad!

There are poems of laughter,
There are poems of sorrow.
There are poems about the Creator,
There are poems about nature.

There are poems about Belize
There are poems what will sieze,
The hearts of many different people,
For they are emotions that never cease.

For what is life in this world,
But feelings that takes us aswirl.
On a roller coster ride through life,
As we go about our daily strife.

So stop trying to play the game,
Stop trying to change and maime,
My poems are here to stay,
And I'll keep on writing everyday!

Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: