Friday, May 23, 2008

OUR FRIEND, THE BIRD



There is a little bird that sings,

Outside the house on early mornings.

The message that it chirps so cheerfully,

Fills the air as she sings so happily.


She does not stop until she is joined in her singing,

By Abel with his response to her with his whistling.

They sing to each other in a language of peace,

And for that brief moment time will cease.


The message is clear and it is special,

Hello, people down below I just had to call,

And let you know the day is wonderful, isn't it?

Come on out of the house while I come to visit.


It's a wonderful day,

And I just had to say,

Hello and how do you do,

It's so nice visiting with you.


Thanks for having such wonderful plants,

They are so inviting with no beds of ants.

From your home comes a calm,

While the wind blows the baby palm.


So have a wonderful day,

May everything go your way,

I'll be back tomorrow once again,

So we can chat before it's ten.


So long my amigos,

It's time this little bird goes,

To spread more cheer ,

So see you tomorrow, my dear.


Brenda A. Ysaguirre

Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre




No comments: