Monday, May 26, 2008

THIS ONE IS FOR KARLA LYNCH

DON'T OVER ANALYSE

I know who you are,
I talk to you on the phone,
I know you are not so far,
But you are very much alone.

I guess you don't get my work,
I guess you don't understand poetry,
Sometimes I smile and sometimes I hurt,
But in the end there is always recovery.

For the poet is a person of love,
The poet is a person of sorrow,
The poet will say things to the Lord above,
Or write about the present or tomorrow.

A poet will always be misunderstood,
A poet may never appeal to everyone,
But then again most persons never would,
Capture the approval of every Man.

I may say things I mean at an instance,
I may say things that I'll never do,
I may say things in a flash or at a glance,
But there are not meant to be analysed through and through.

If you listen beyond the words and deeds,
You will know that poetry is open and free,
And everyone will see what he wants when he reads,
Because poetry is meant to let you be.

Don't read between the lines,
Or listen to what I say,
I like to take a word that rhymes,
And do with it whatever I may.

So I'll never kill anyone except on paper,
And I'll never do many things I write,
For a poet lives through words not caper,
For with ink they have all their might.

Please enjoy life and be at cease,
Every day should be lived like a song,
So live to do things as you please,
And nothing will ever go wrong.

(Hope you feel better now D
Yeap, I know it is you!)
Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea. What's up with people who think they can tell you how to live, what to say and what to write? Wish I could be a poet. Your poems are great! Keep them coming

Brenda Aurora Verna Ysaguirre said...

I have no idea! It won't make me stop write for sure! Thanks and check out the othr blogs I write.