Sunday, May 18, 2008

YOUR DECEIT



I don't know what to believe anymore,

The lies are just sweeping the floor,

And when I think about them all,

I just want to stop my fall.


Do you think I am a fool?

Do you think my brain is not tool?

I've seen right through you and that's the truth,

So your lies are just some sour fruit.


I think that you do more harm to you,

Everytime you make me blue,

Because now the blue is turning to red,

And in my heart you are almost dead.


I've tried to tell you to stop the deceit,

To embrace the truth that's at your feet.

But you can't change the life you live,

Not even with all the love I have to give.


I'm living a lie and that's the truth,

My love for you can never bear fruit.

Because you run and hide each time you get,

Don't you realize I love you yet?


You've got it in your hands today,

And yet you cover with all the things you say,

There is love that could have a chance,

If you'd just stop giving others the glance.


But now I know this is the real you,

And there is nothing that I can do,

To make you the person I want you to be,

So it's almost time to set you free.


Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda Ysaguirre


No comments: