Tuesday, July 22, 2008

LIVING IN NOTHINGNESS



The joy of the day and the glow of the night

All have no meaning if there is a fight.

The anticipation of a few hours alone,

Always get marred by the chat line or phone.


There is no time I can truly call ours today,

Except late at night when everyone goes away,

Only then are we alone but you still are like glue,

Stuck to a computer with you darn work to do.


And the happiness I sometimes feel turns gray,

When things happen to take you so far away.

So I sit and I think of the year now gone by,

And wonder if it was a dream or did Cupid tell me a lie.


Why do you seem so far away?

Why can't I just tell you what I have to say?

The few minutes we share are not enough for me,

Why can't I have the love that could set me free?


I may be wishing for something impossible it seem.

I may be living in a fantasy and a dream.

But I know we can have a whole lot more,

If you just open that hidden, secret door.


Brenda A. Ysaguirre
Copyright 2008 Brenda A. Ysaguirre

No comments: